Nothing found
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

If I’m trans and I’m in trouble, who should I call?

Transphobia puts many trans people at risk every day. If you are in trouble in the United States, the National Center for Transgender Equality has put together this list of resources.

 You may also consider calling the Trans Lifeline, an organization by transgender people for transgender people. Trans Lifeline volunteers are ready to respond to whatever support needs members of our community might have. You can reach Trans Lifeline in the US at (877) 565-8860 or in Canada: (877) 330-6366.

 If you are in the United States and thinking about hurting yourself, please reach out to one of the following:


  • National Suicide Prevention Hotline
    24/7 hotline, staffed by trained individuals, for those in suicidal crisis or emotional distress
    Crisis hotline:  800-273-TALK (8255); 888-628-9454 (en español)


  • The Trevor Project
    Crisis intervention and mental health services for those ages 13-24
    Crisis hotline: 866-488-7386 (for those ages 13-24)


If you have experienced or witnessed violence and are in need of crisis counseling or legal services, you can reach out to:

  • Anti-Violence Project Hotline

24 hour bilingual English/Spanish hotline offering support to LGBTQ people and people living with HIV who are survivors of violence

Hotline: 212-714-1141